Your Guide to Making and Using QR Codes
QR or Quick Response Codes can be quickly scanned by mobile phones and are translated into websites, apps, forms, or documents. The codes are commonly used in leaflets and posters as a quick, easy way to provide information about a service, product, or company. Since the pandemic, they are being used more than ever, as they are a hygienic, contactless way of sharing information.
In this article, we will be explaining how to quickly create your own QR code, and the various ways this can serve different businesses.
5 Benefits of using QR codes
1. Raising your Engagement – you can use QR codes to direct people to your website or social media. This organically raises your engagement and following. You can also provide your business’ contact details and location.
2. Direct Users to Your App – a QR code can be used to start downloading an app to the user’s phone, so they don’t need to locate the app themselves or forget about it. This automatic download will increase your app’s traffic and your brand visibility.
3. Discounts for your E-Commerce Site – many businesses choose to have QR codes that translate to discounts or offers for their online sales. This price reduction leaves a positive impression on the consumer’s mind and makes them more likely to shop with you in the future.
4. QR Code Payments – QR codes can be used for contactless payments through third-party payment sites such as PayPal. The consumer can scan your payment QR code and pay securely via their smartphone.
5. Digital Menu – if you have a food business, you can have a QR code that opens a digital menu on your customer’s phone which will save money spent on making menus.
How to use a QR code for free
Step 1: Use an online QR code generator, such as https://www.qrcode-monkey.com/
Here you can import the web address you wish to direct people to.
Step 2: You can then design the QR code’s colour scheme, logo, and layout of your information.
Step 3: Once you’ve finished the design, you can download your new QR code and put it on your poster or leaflet.
Once you’ve taken these steps, people can scan your QR code by opening their phone’s camera and holding it over the code. This will automatically direct their phone to your website, without them having to find it manually.
Overall, QR codes are a simple, yet highly effective marketing tool that makes both your and the customer’s life easier. Right now, consumers only respond to marketing that is quick and to the point, which is why QR codes are a valuable tool. As long as you have access to the internet, you can start utilising this technological trend to grow your business today.